Come make a difference with LCMS+ and have fun doing it!
Full-stack Application Programmer/Analyst
LCMS+ is known as “the Blackboard for medical education”
and we’re setting the gold standard for enterprise software
at the intersection of healthcare, education and technology.
Our specialized learning management system helps schools of medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, etc. to graduate better-prepared healthcare professionals by streamlining effort, reducing costs, improving outcomes and facilitating accreditation reporting. We bring a unique attitude and approach to our partnerships with clients including Duke, Yale, Temple, Penn State, Wake Forest, UNC-Chapel Hill, National University of Singapore and many others around the world. They’re coming to LCMS+ because no one else can do what we do.
Continual improvement is the cornerstone of our service promise. We are embarking on a major UI/UX overhaul in 2017 that will help us capture the market leadership position in our space. You can play a crucial role in this transformative effort as the next key player on our team.
If you want to have a major and immediate impact,
are capable of working independently and are a terrific
critical thinker and solution provider, please read on!
Our next Application Programmer/Analyst can provide direct and proven examples of the following:
- You are a keen critical thinker who knows how to approach, interpret and solve problems of all kinds. You are someone who doesn’t stop until the problem is solved!
- You can see the big picture AND you can sweat the small stuff, too
- You’ve got an agile, flexible mindset but also the ability to keep yourself on track – a sense of humor helps, too.
- You can work on multiple projects under tight deadlines. You don’t need much direction to dive in, and you follow through – every time.
- You are meticulous in your attention to testing and Q/A; you care about turning out a quality product. You believe that clean code is better code, code conventions are a must and that details can make all the difference.
- You love an entrepreneurial environment and are capable of working independently (and remotely), but you also dig being part of a nice, smart team.
- You want to contribute significantly and quickly to the company’s success.
And you can say yes to all this stuff:
- 3-5+ years progressive experience as a full-stack software engineer, programmer/analyst or application architect – especially working on backend database coding
- Willing and able to meet exacting standards for coding style
- Extra gold stars if you have a good eye for UI/UX enhancements while respecting the underlying functionality just as much
If you can’t wait to make a major and immediate impact in our “grown-up start-up”, please contact us at email@example.com.
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience, attitude and fit with the startup ethos. Perks include:
- Fortune 500-level benefits coverage from day one (medical/dental/vision/supplemental life/disability/401k)
- Flexible schedules
- 10 days PTO in addition to 12 company holidays per year
- A fun and loyal team that’s a joy to work with
- Remote work is possible after you’re established (we strongly prefer that candidates be based in or near the Durham/Chapel Hill area). Access to office space at American Underground @ Main in Durham is also a possibility.
Not for you? Tell a friend – if you refer someone that we end up hiring,
you can collect a finder’s fee! Hope to hear from you (or your friends) soon!